New York University Redevelopment Projects
The New York University Langone Medical Center is undertaking a major campus expansion, which will take place over the span of 7 years. Collectively, the Medical Center owns and leases over 4 million sf in New York City, with 2.5 million sf on the main campus. The expansion includes from 23rd Street to 34th Street along Manhattan’s East River Drive. When completed, NYU Langone School of Medicine will consist of over 50 centers, 30 academic departments, and over 376,000 sf of research laboratories.
TriLogix is heavily involved in NYU’s massive campus overhaul. We provided services on these ongoing or completed projects:
- New Science Building
- Medical Center Kimmel Pavilion
- Emergency Room Addition & Refurbishment
- Physics Bldg. Renovations
- Lutheran Hospital
- Alexandria Center for Life Science (ACLS) Vivarium & Lab
- Energy Building & Radiation Oncology
- Medical Science Building (MSB) MEP Restoration
- Cobble Hill
- Hospital for Joint Disease (HJD) Relocations
- Tisch Hospital Elevator/Lobby Renovations
- Real Estate Development and Facilities (RED&F)
- College of Nursing, Dentistry & Bioengineering
- Telephony Project
- NYU Sandy Recovery
TriLogix is working closely with NYU and their Subcontractors, and we are providing, or have provided, the following professional services:
- Schedule development & monthly updates for the new NYU Langone Science Building, which will include more than 365,000 sf and 10 floors of laboratory space.
- Develop Baseline schedule and provide monthly updates for NYU Physics Lab renovations at 726 Broadway for Turner Construction.
- Assist NYU with their construction Manager’s Baseline schedule, attend weekly project meetings, and review monthly schedule updates for the construction of a vivarium & 3 floors of basic research laboratories at the Alexandria Center for Life Science.
- Assist NYU and their design team with development of a high level schedule, attend weekly meetings and review the Construction Manager’s monthly schedule updates for the medical Science Building’s Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing restoration project.
- Work with NYU and their design team to develop a high level schedule, attend weekly meetings and review the Construction Manager’s monthly schedule updates for the new Cobble Hill medical building that will be 6 floors and 166,000 sf.
- Detailed schedule development and updates for the relocation of the Rusk Rehab facility to the Langone Hospital for Joint Disease to make way for a new facility, with renovations and fitout of 5 floors to accommodate relocated facilities.
- Assist Turner Construction with preparing a detailed project schedule and provide monthly updates for the Kimmel Pavilion’s ongoing projects.
- Develop preconstruction & construction schedule, cost loading and updates for the elevator & lobby renovation project at Tisch Hospital with 4 new elevators and the expansion and refurbishment of the main lobby areas.
- Prepare Master schedule for all Real Estate Development & Facilities projects at NYU Langone for NYU.
- Baseline schedule creation and monthly updates for the new 170,000 sf, 11 story building that will contain Nursing, Dentistry and Bioengineering departments at NYU.
- Work for Turner for the telephone and data infrastructure upgrades throughout the NYU Langone Medical Center campus.
- Assist Turner Construction with detailed baseline schedule development and monthly updates for the new NYU Energy building, which will be 78,600 sf combined heat & power generation technology and will house the campus’ Radiation Oncology department.
- Support NYU in their Superstorm Sandy Recovery effort by preparing and maintaining schedules for all work associated with getting the NYU Campus Buildings back up and running again. TriLogix met with the program and project managers, attend meetings as requested and prepare all schedules necessary to assist in the recovery effort by NYU Langone Medical Center.